[Bucardo-general] Recover bucardo "hole" in sync

Laurent GARCES laurent.garces at l-rd.fr
Fri Jan 20 10:10:19 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. It's not exactly what we are looking for.

Our goal is to "double check" that bucardo is doing is job right. We use
bucardo for some years now and never really had trouble, but things can
always goes wrong...
We already monitor every few minutes that the result of "bucardo status"
is correct. But we would like to directly check that the data are in
sync without using any bucardo functionality/log, as the goal is to
verify that there is no (silent) problem in bucardo. So using only
SQL/Postgres tools. As there is a lot of activity in our new project
(thousands "write" requests by hour) we cannot check the whole data
everytime. The idea would be to verify, each day for example, that the
data content that have been modified the day before are in sync. We
don't know if it's possible without using any "timestamp information" in
the data itself but may there are some "tricks" we are not aware that
could do the job.
I hope I'm clear enough.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,