[Bucardo-general] Recover bucardo "hole" in sync

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Jan 23 16:39:03 UTC 2017

> As there is a lot of activity in our new project (thousands "write" requests
> by hour) we cannot check the whole data everytime. The idea would be to
> verify, each day for example, that the data content that have been modified
> the day before are in sync. We don't know if it's possible without using any
> "timestamp information" in the data itself but may there are some "tricks"
> we are not aware that could do the job.

That's a tricky requirement indeed. You could perhaps generate the list of
primary keys for a table (indicating replicated rows) from the bucardo logs.

Setting up a "modified" column in each table would be another solution.
It could be a timestamp, a serial, or even just a boolean that gets set to
true on any change, and your audit process then changes it back to false
when done checking that round.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 2529 DF6A B8F7 9407 E944  45B4 BC9B 9067 1496 4AC8