[Bucardo-general] Bucardo sync cause could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Jun 14 20:31:18 UTC 2017

> (25903) [Fri May 26 22:08:59 2017] KID (aa_sync) Delta count for
> name_01.public.personas : 18903143
> (23975) [Fri May 26 22:09:46 2017] CTL Warning: Kid 25903 is not
> responding, will respawn

My guess is that with a delta collection that large (18M rows!) Bucardo
is taking a really, really long time to walk through them, and some other
timeout is getting hit, causing the disconnection.

If that 18M represents almost all of the rows in the table, I would
try a bulk copy from one side to the other (assuming the table is
meant to be identical).

There are a number of ways to do so, but the simplest may be to stop
writes to the table via your application, truncate one side, then
copy the data from the other[1] (and setting session_replication_role
to 'replica' so you don't create more deltas). Once that is done, you
can also truncate the delta tables.

Test first on a dev box of course!

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 2529 DF6A B8F7 9407 E944  45B4 BC9B 9067 1496 4AC8