[Bucardo-general] Bucardo sync cause could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

Alexis Arnal aarnal at corcaribe.com
Thu Jun 15 14:37:38 UTC 2017

Hi Greg and team, thanks for your response.

I was trying out various scenarios. Bucardo works fine. The problem related
with "could not receive client data: Connection reset by peer" on postgres
nodes was an AWS Server constraints. My confuse was the ambiguous messages
of log of postgres and bucardo.

I tested in a local environment with virtual machines with few resources
and spent too many time but finished the syncronization.

Then, I did many tests on AWS with several quantities of registers for
determine the treshold. I was monitoring CPU, RAM, I/O, network amount
other key parameters and I saw the Network bandwith peaks.

We upgrade the server properties and we were able to replicate COPY until
12.5 millions. The COPY spent approximately 1 minute and the
synchronization spent about 3 minutes.

-------------------------------
2017-06-02 02: 48: 32.512171 + 00
COPY 12499999
2017-06-02 02: 51: 31.466631 + 00

(24825) [Fri Jun 2 02:51:46 2017] KID (aa_sync) Delta Account for
db_01.public.personal: 12499999
(24825) [Fri Jun 2 02:54:44 2017] KID (aa_sync) Totals: deletes = 0 inserts
= 12499999 conflicts = 0

For an 18M test We did the process you recommend. If we upgrade the server
properties with more Bandwith, CPU, and RAM maybe I could pass the 18M
test. The weight of 12Millions is over 4GB should wich transmitted over the
network.

I am planning pass to production environment in a few days. When finish I
tell you how works.

Thanks for your time.

--

*Ing**. Alexis Arnal*
*041**6**-6182343*
aarnal at corcaribe.com

*Por favor, antes de imprimir este mensaje, asegúrate de que es necesario.
Ayudemos a cuidar el medio ambiente.*