[Bucardo-general] Setting up Bucardo with Postgres 9.5 Issues

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Fri Jun 16 20:16:51 UTC 2017

> I assume whatever user is running the postgres process must have the bucardo authentication information in its .pgpass for it to function correctly (even if the user is not postgres) because the postgres process is using the pl/perl  extension to call the bucardo scripts and therefore assumes the home of that user?  I am trying to wrap my head around how the application functions.

Yup, that’s correct.  Technically it probably needs to be in both the “bucardo" user and the “postgres" user’s accounts, as both users would need database connections (bucardo with the “bucardo” tool, and postgres with the pl/perl functions).

> Thanks again for the help.

Sure thing, glad it resolved the issue for you!

David Christensen
End Point Corporation
david at endpoint.com
785-727-1171