[Bucardo-general] Problem with ever growing delta and track tables...

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed May 31 01:54:31 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 05:55:17PM +0200, Michelle Sullivan wrote:
> Seems I have a little problem with my delta and track tables growing out of
> control since adding a 'target' to a multimaster group...

This was solved via the #bucardo channel, but for the archives, the problem
was some incorrect entries in the bucardo_delta_targets table, which tracks
which syncs are watching over which tables. When this table is wrong, the
Bucardo vacuum process cannot remove old rows from the delta and track tables
properly. You can look at the table to make sure each table has the expected
syncs specified for it.

A brute force solution is to truncate this table then run:
bucardo validate all

Which in theory will correctly populate the table.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 2529 DF6A B8F7 9407 E944  45B4 BC9B 9067 1496 4AC8