[Bucardo-general] BUCARDO and BDR

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Wed Apr 3 21:23:50 UTC 2019

Hi,

Is there a way to exclude specific schemas from BDR replication or is it all-or-nothing?  From what I could see, it looks like you can set up replication sets and the like, but maybe it’s a different version.

Could you instead disable DDL replication in BDR so the new tables aren’t considered for replication?  Again, I have no hands-on experience with BDR.

It shouldn’t be too hard to define PKs on the delta tables, etc (though it will likely incur a slowdown of sorts, as you now need to not just add rows to tables, you need to update a unique index on *every* row change, so it’ll add up speed-wise, prob the reason they don’t have them to begin with.

HTH,

David

--
David Christensen