[Bucardo-general] BUCARDO and BDR

Mauricio Tassara mtassara at jusrionegro.gov.ar
Wed Apr 3 11:49:01 UTC 2019

Thanks David,

A comment about your answer: The master will be the same database, but we
are targeting different databases with BDR and Bucardo, so we will not have
conflicts in replay if the same rows were changed by different replication
tools.

Advancing with Bucardo's configuration on a master database with BDR, we
have one drawback: the tables created in the database with BDR must have a
primary key, otherwise it is not possible to perform UPDATE or DELETE
operations.

So, when we add a synchronization with Bucardo, defining as Master a
database with BDR, the bucardo scheme is created with the tables bucardo_xxx
and tables delta_xxxx, stage_xxxx and track_xxxx, but all of them without
Primary Key.

Then the following error occurs:
WARNING:  Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect() of
DBD::Pg::db handle dbname=test_reforma;host=xxx.xx.xxx.x;port=5432 at line
833.
Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  DBD::Pg::db do
failed: ERROR:  Cannot run UPDATE or DELETE on table bucardo_delta_targets
because it does not have a PRIMARY KEY.
HINT:  Add a PRIMARY KEY to the table at line 833. at line 30.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync" at /usr/local/bin/bucardo line
4670.

Can you think of a possible solution?

Are there possibilities that the bucardo scheme and its tables are created
on a database different from the one that will act as master? To use one
without BDR.

Or would it be possible to define primary keys to the tables in the bucardo
schema?

Thank you very much!