[Bucardo-general] Libraries not found CGI && Encode

Jeff Ross rossj at cargotel.com
Tue Jul 23 17:58:48 UTC 2019

Jeff Ross
rossj at cargotel.com

On 7/22/19 5:33 PM, Periko Support wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to install bucardo on Ubuntu 18.x LTS.
>
> Once I run the command:
>
> perl Makefile.PL I got this answer:
>
> Warning: prerequisite CGI 0 not found.
> Warning: prerequisite Encode::Locale 0 not found.
> Generating a Unix-style Makefile
> Writing Makefile for Bucardo
> Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
>
> The warnings are not important or must be fix?
>
> Bucardo latest 5.5.x.
> Ubuntu 18 LTS
>
> Regards.
While looking for the answer to another bucardo question, I came across
this blog post:

https://www.endpoint.com/blog/2014/06/23/bucardo-5-multimaster-postgres-released

In it is a list of the dependencies for Bucardo 5, although these
package names are for yum and not apt.:

|sudo yum install perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker perl-DBD-Pg \
 >perl-Encode-Locale perl-Sys-Syslog perl-boolean \ >perl-Time-HiRes
perl-Test-Simple perl-Pod-Parser $sudo yum install cpan $echo y | cpan
DBIx::Safe |

Both are listed in the Makefile as a requirementas well.

So, both Encode::Locale and CGI > version 0 must be installed.

libencode-locale-perl is probaly the correct apt package for
Encode::Locale but I'm not sure what CGI package it would be.

Hope that helps!

Jeff Ross

--
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the
use of the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or