[Bucardo-general] Bucardo 5.6.0-rc1

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Tue Feb 4 21:01:57 UTC 2020

In preparation for a final Bucardo 5.6.0 release including many recent bug fixes, we are posting a 5.6.0 release candidate here:

https://bucardo.org/downloads/Bucardo-5.6.0-rc1.tar.gz

(SHA1: dcbc5265d12eb78af7c7e4931bf86ca268e79aef)

If you are able, please test and verify that this works for you in a test environment.  If no issues are reported by Friday, we will formally release 5.6.0!

Thanks,

This includes at least the following fixes:

  - Add config option log_timer_format to glog() to customize timestamp output
    [David Christensen, suggested by David Wheeler]

  - Change handling of file-path config settings so that they are no longer
    lower-cased. The new log_timer_format config will also be case-preserved.
    [David Christensen and David Wheeler]

  - Fixed the relation parameter to the add customcode command to support
    schema-qualified relation names.
    [David Wheeler]

  - Cache to avoid access on remote databases to inspect each table
    Avoid trying to purge "toast" tables
    Avoid purging inexistent old delta tables
    [Gustavo Tonini] (https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/pull/182)

  - Improve the unique conflict exception handler sample code and test
    [David E. Wheeler] (https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/pull/194)

  - Map timestamp from PostgreSQL to MongoDB datetime
    [Github user redsysman] (https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/pull/114)

  - Safer system for determining Postgres version on install
    [Greg Sabino Mullane] ( inspired by https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/issues/131 )

  - Correction that array_agg was introduced in Postgres 8.4, not 8.3
    [Jaroslav Crhonek] (https://github.com/bucardo/bucardo/pull/103)

--
David Christensen
Senior Software and Database Engineer