[Bucardo-general] Locking issues migrating from PG9.6 to PG11 in AWS Aurora

Alfonso Perez fon at revenuecat.com
Fri Feb 7 18:39:05 UTC 2020

Hi list,

We have attempted to use Bucardo to migrate from PG9.6 to PG11 in AWS
Aurora[1], but unfortunately, after about an hour of running sync,
locking queries start piling up like crazy until the DB becomes
unreachable, a failover is triggered, and we are able to drop the
bucardo schema, resolving the locking, which gets the DB healthy
again.

Any tips on where to start trying to figure out the cause?
Unfortunately, I do not have available backups of the database when
the schema was created, and bucardo logs don't show anything
meaningful.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FEdmPfxE9rtaf39OAF8UDOl2_lclgu1J/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GwtXPyJBxPCzoV9MaTR-v9ue1ViJya4b/view?usp=sharing

Best,

[1] bucardo add sync pg11migration relgroup=alpha
dbs=aurora9:source,aurora11:target onetimecopy=2
conflict_strategy=bucardo_source