[Bucardo-general] Upgrade to PostgreSQL 13

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Fri Oct 9 13:18:10 UTC 2020

> On Oct 8, 2020, at 4:20 PM, Andreas Wahler <andreas.wahler at wamtek.net> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> we'd like to upgrade our 9.3 postgres server up to version 13.0. Should we expect any problems with bucardo?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

There are no known issues for that approach, assuming you have Primary Keys on all tables or are ok setting up fullcopy syncs for the ones that don’t.

Just out of curiosity, are you already using Bucardo, and have you looked at other options for database upgrades (like pg_upgrade)?  Not to say this is the wrong tool, but if it’s a self-hosted -> self-hosted upgrade I’d definitely look at pg_upgrade first unless there were strict uptime requirements that even a few minutes of downtime are unacceptable.

Best,

David Christensen
Senior Software and Database Engineer
End Point Corporation