[Bucardo-general] Add sync failed

Shahzad Bacha shahzadbacha.gis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 23:41:20 UTC 2020

Hi, I have been using bucardo for the last two years for multimaster
replication without any issue but a few days earlier i got this error while
trying to add new sync or adding to existing sync.

WARNING:  Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect()
of DBD::Pg::db handle dbname=TPLMaps;host=172.16.130.23;port=5432 at line
128.
Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  DBD::Pg::db do
failed: ERROR:  relation "function_log" does not exist
LINE 1: insert into function_log
                    ^
QUERY:  insert into function_log
    select now(), nspname, proname, command_tag, prosrc, current_user
    from pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands() e
    join pg_proc p on p.oid = e.objid
    join pg_namespace n on n.oid = pronamespace
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function public.on_function_event() line 3 at SQL
statement at line 128. at line 30.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync" at /usr/local/bin/bucardo line
4670.

I then tried to upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6 version but the same error occurs.

Also I uninstalled bucardo by removing bucardo database and schemas from
all databases and then removed all bucardo files and folders and
reinstalled from scratch but same error appears on adding sync.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks