[Bucardo-general] Add sync failed

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Sun Oct 18 16:56:08 UTC 2020

Hi Shahzad,

Bucardo does not contain any references to “function_log” or “on_function_event” in the code history; I suspect that this is related to some other function/extension that you have installed on one of the databases.

From the query you posted, it looks like it might have something to do with a function that runs from an event trigger, which Bucardo does not use.  If this is some residual junk from your database then you might be able to remove the existing event trigger from the database.  It is also possible there is a different `search_path` than this custom function expects (since Bucardo runs as the `bucardo` user and would thus have that as its `search_path`).

You can check your event triggers in psql using the `\dy` command; I’d check this on the database identified in the error message.  You might be able to look at the source and determine if this is a custom functionality or something residual that way.  I’d also look at the source of the function in question; `\ef public.on_function_event` to review and see if this seems like it’s expecting a particular search path or not.

Best of luck hunting this down!

David Christensen
Senior Software and Database Engineer
End Point Corporation