[Bucardo-general] Can not change username when execute Bucardo install command

Chen Guang BJ Liu liucgbj at cn.ibm.com
Sun Sep 27 02:30:24 UTC 2020

CC bucardo-general at bucardo.org

__________________

Hi,

I'm trying to automate the installation of the latest version of Bucardo,
but now I encountered following problem, please help to take a look at it
and let me know how to fix it, thanks.

I can modify the parameters when I run 'bucardo install' manually, for
example,
	# bucardo install

	Current connection settings:
	1. Host:           localhost
	2. Port:           5432
	3. User:           postgres
	4. Database:       bucardo
	5. PID directory:  /var/run/bucardo
	Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: 3

	Change the user to: bucardo

	Changed user to: bucardo
	Current connection settings:
	1. Host:           localhost
	2. Port:           5432
	3. User:           bucardo
	4. Database:       bucardo
	5. PID directory:  /var/run/bucardo
	Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: q

but when I run following command, I noticed that the --db-user can not be
changed.

	# bucardo -h 172.17.0.3 -p 5432 -U bucardo -d bucardo install

	Current connection settings:
	1. Host:           172.17.0.3
	2. Port:           5432
	3. User:           postgres
	4. Database:       bucardo
	5. PID directory:  /var/run/bucardo
	Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: q

The version of bucardo is 5.4.1, I installed it on an Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS.
	# bucardo --version
	bucardo version 5.4.1

Regards
Chenguang