[Bucardo-general] From PG 9.2 to 12.4 - Bucardo questions

Lucas Possamai drum.lucas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 01:04:27 UTC 2021

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 19:42, Lucas Possamai <drum.lucas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I am migrating a live PostgreSQL 9.2 database to RDS PostgreSQL 12.4,
> using Bucardo.
>
> I remember reading somewhere months ago that I should disable the triggers
> of the target database, but unfortunately, I cannot find that information
> anymore.
>
> The business wants to slowly move customers to the PG 12.4 RDS database.
> The idea was to modify the application and check if it's *customer_id X,
> Y and Z*, write data to RDS and not current PG 9.2.
>
> My question is:
> Can I have bucardo replicating data from PG 9.2 to RDS 12.4 and at the
> same time, have customers writing data to RDS? Of course that means I'd
> have to re-enable triggers on my target DB?

I remembered Bucardo does multi-master replication. Tried to look on the
internet how to set it up, but apparently, my RDS PG 12 is already
considered a "master". So I think there is no reason for me to disable the
triggers on the target_db. Again, I do not remember where I read this.

Waiting for someone to confirm this...

Lucas