[Bucardo-general] Question about order of the Bucardo setup

Frank Buschmann frank at fbiscience.com
Tue May 11 07:34:03 UTC 2021

As far as I experienced, the 'turning key' is when the sync is added
to bucardo. So what I usually start with is, dumping the source data
base, writing it to the second master or slave, add the sync (after
taking care of the db connection, tables, relgroup, etc) and be happy :)
When you want to change e.g. the type of sync, you remove the sync
from bucardo, carry out a 'drop schema bucardo cascade' to remove the
triggers in your target database and add the sync again.
Make sure that if you first set-up the sync and then dump the database
that you do not dump the bucardo scheme so that the bucardo scheme of
your source database does not get copied to the target. Bucardo takes
care of these 'client bucardo tables'.

----- Ende der Nachricht von Lucas Possamai <drum.lucas at gmail.com> -----