[Bucardo-general] Question about order of the Bucardo setup

Lucas Possamai drum.lucas at gmail.com
Tue May 11 10:56:03 UTC 2021

On Tue, 11 May 2021 at 19:34, Frank Buschmann <frank at fbiscience.com> wrote:

> As far as I experienced, the 'turning key' is when the sync is added
> to bucardo. So what I usually start with is, dumping the source data
> base, writing it to the second master or slave, add the sync (after
> taking care of the db connection, tables, relgroup, etc) and be happy :)

That's interesting, because I always thought that bucardo would need to be
set up in the source DB prior dumping the DB from the source and importing
it to the target... otherwise how does Bucardo know what it needs to copy?

I think it must compare all the rows between source and target DB
initially, copy what's missing in the target, and then after that it
"listens" for changes using its triggers.

Would love it if someone could confirm that.