[check_postgres-announce] Version 2.8.1 released

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Fri May 15 16:44:27 UTC 2009

I just released version 2.8.1 of check_postgres, which adds statement_timeout
support to all the calls, based on the --timeout parameter. Previously, we did
the timeout solely by Perl's alarm() function, which worked fine from the script
end, but could lead to very long running queries. By adding a statement_timeout
call, we enforce the --timeout value strictly, and reduce the chance of our
queries causing any problems. The default value of --timeout is 30 seconds.

The latest version, as always, can be found here:

http://bucardo.org/check_postgres/

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com