[check_postgres] check_postgres_query_time - Getting "invalid query returned" more often now

Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 15:27:12 UTC 2008

> Try adding this at line 2848, so maybe we can see the
> database error that
> is getting thrown:
>
> if (!defined $db->{slurp}) {
>   add_unknown;
> }
>
> > perl check_postgres_query_time --warning='3
> minutes' --critical='5
> > minutes' -db=SEE -H=localhost --debugoutput=u
>
> Perhaps try with --debugoutput=a which will make all
> more verbose, but not excessively so.

I added in the 3 lines, however no extra error was displayed. I was wondering if it could be that this query sometimes returns -0 ?

SELECT datname, max(COALESCE(ROUND(EXTRACT(epoch FROM now()-query_start)),0)) FROM pg_stat_activity WHERE current_query <> '<IDLE>' GROUP BY 1;

 datname | max
 SEE     |  -0
 TEMP    |   0