[check_postgres] POSTGRES_TXN_TIME UNKNOWN: Invalid query returned: mydatabase

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Sep 22 16:03:51 UTC 2008

> I can't reproduce the problem unfortunately, so i don't really have an
> idea what the cause could be - i hope you have any ideas?
> I've upgraded from 1.3.1 to 2.1.2 but the issue appeared again shortly
> after the upgrade(most of the time it reports fine however).

Yes, it's failing the regex, rather than returning no rows, which is odd.
I tweaked the function to handle the case of no rows more gracefully (it
returns ok), and added a new option, debugoutput. I'd recommend running
your script for this action with the argument --debugoutput=u which will
how us exactly what is being returned by psql when one of those unknowns
show up. This is part of version 2.1.4, just released:

http://bucardo.org/check_postgres/

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com