[check_postgres] check_postgres_query_time - Getting "invalid query returned" more often now

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Sep 30 17:22:47 UTC 2008

> We are on 8.3.4 and I can duplicate it with a manual run, I've had brief
> a look at the output, and I just got a little confused. It seems to be
> doing more when I get the invalid query..?

Yes, when it gets an invalid query, it checks to see if this is because
you are running an action that is not supported on the current
version, which requires more trips to the database to gran the version,
server settings, etc. I made a change that may produce a better message,
please give it a shot. Pull the latest git-version, or just apply this
patch:

http://git.postgresql.org/?p=check_postgres.git;a=commitdiff;h=88186e8cca95e2b2ba1c96b0323ad98b727c4a57

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com