[check_postgres] [commit] Two cool new checks: new_version_cp and new_version_pg to check if you

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Apr 8 20:15:44 UTC 2009

> Vital or not, they don't go straight to production before testing,

Do you mean that people running Postgres shouldn't update the point releases
without testing on a non-prod server first? Can't argue with that.

> And there have been point releases that were pulled back (8.3.2 I
> believe?) within hours or a day that were broken.  So, some short
> period before it becomes critical to update to the new version seems
> reasonable.

Sure, but we are merely acting in an advisory capacity here. For a once-a-day
alert, I think a simple warning is fine - people can always ack it, ignore it, etc.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com