[check_postgres] Embedded Perl problem: "Subroutine ndie redefined"

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Feb 12 03:36:02 UTC 2009

> If I disable the embedded Perl interpreter (enable_embedded_perl=0), it
> works perfectly, but I understand there's a performance hit.
>
> Are you aware of this? Is there a better solution?

Someone had a similar problem some time ago, and the answer was to NOT
use the symlink trick, but make use of the --action tag instead and call
the same script each time. Other than that, I don't know, maybe someone
else on the list does.

All in all, I wouldn't be too concerned about the performance hit:
unless there is a great number of machines and/or you run a very
underpowered Nagios box, it should not be much of an issue.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com