[check_postgres] Backends check sent wrong error message?

Guillaume Lelarge guillaume at lelarge.info
Wed Feb 18 08:44:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

Last night, I received many messages like this one:

  No matching databases found due to exclusion/inclusion options

The databases are really there, the include option is right. I think the
message is misleading. The problem is that there was no connections at
this time on the included databases. I think the issue is with the
$total check in check_postgres.pl:

  if (!$total) {
	add_unknown msg('no-match-db');
	next;
  }

$total does not tell us if there was no database. It gives us the number
of backends.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.