[check_postgres] Backends check sent wrong error message?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Feb 18 15:39:21 UTC 2009

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last night, I received many messages like this one:
>
>   No matching databases found due to exclusion/inclusion options

Interesting. That should be getting caught by the check earlier in the
sub, which handles the case of an empty $info->{db}[0], e.g. no valid
results. However, the checking regex in run_command does not exactly
match the one in the SLURP line, which makes me wonder if something is
passing the first regex but failing the second. Can you report the slurp
value given when you see one of those lines? Should be as simple as
adding this:

warn $db->{slurp};

right before the first SLURP: line in the check_backends subroutine.
Also, which version of Postgres is this running against?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com