[check_postgres] Backends check sent wrong error message?

Guillaume Lelarge guillaume at lelarge.info
Wed Feb 18 16:12:53 UTC 2009

Greg Sabino Mullane a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Last night, I received many messages like this one:
>>
>>   No matching databases found due to exclusion/inclusion options
>
> Interesting. That should be getting caught by the check earlier in the
> sub, which handles the case of an empty $info->{db}[0], e.g. no valid
> results. However, the checking regex in run_command does not exactly
> match the one in the SLURP line, which makes me wonder if something is
> passing the first regex but failing the second. Can you report the slurp
> value given when you see one of those lines? Should be as simple as
> adding this:
>
> warn $db->{slurp};
>
> right before the first SLURP: line in the check_backends subroutine.

It gives me this:

guillaume at laptop$ LANG=C ./check_postgres.pl -H localhost
--include="glmf,pagila" --action backends

     1 | 100      | postgres

POSTGRES_BACKENDS UNKNOWN: (host:localhost) No matching databases found
due to exclusion/inclusion options | time=0.01

If I don't use the --include parameter, I have no issue. It tells me
there's one connection only (its own). The fact that I use --include
parameter with databases without connections causes my trouble.

> Also, which version of Postgres is this running against?

8.3.6 on my laptop, 8.2.11 on the server of my customer.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org