[check_postgres] RFC: New Actions

David E. Wheeler david.wheeler at pgexperts.com
Thu Jan 6 21:34:53 UTC 2011

Howdy Checkers,

We (PGX) have a client with a couple of monitoring requirements not currently implemented by check_postgres. They're happy to contribute what we develop, but before I get to work, I wanted to be sure that each of these proposed new actions is: a) do-able; and b) not already better handled by an existing action. So please do let me know how each of these proposed actions meet those disqualifications.

* Idle transaction count: Report error if more than x idle transactions more than x [time units] old.

* Wal Log Timeout: Report if no new logs on a slave within the previous x [time units].

Comments?

Thanks,