[check_postgres] please put version back into download tarball name

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Jan 25 02:23:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> With version 2.19.0, the download tarball is named just
> check_postgres.tar.gz, instead of check_postgres-2.19.0.tar.gz, like it
> used to be.  It's very confusing when you don't know what version you
> have.  Could you please fix that?

Hi, Peter. I agree -- it would be nicer to have the version number in the
file name. Greg, you've been doing the releases. Is there any reason we
can't go back to having the version number?

> Also, could you please make old versions available for download as well?
> It's actually possible to get them by manipulating the link
> http://bucardo.org/downloads/check_postgres-xxx.tar.gz, but it would be
> much nicer if, say, http://bucardo.org/downloads/ were browsable.

Good idea. I made that directory browsable.

And there I see an old/ directory that I think should have its contents
moved up with the other files -- otherwise, they're not all together and
the URLs aren't stable from when they were released. Any objections?

Also, does anyone know why we have unpacked Bucardo-4.4.{6,7} directories
there? Seems odd.

Thanks,
Jon

--