[check_postgres] note to help others

Jason Ryan jryan at tantacomm.com
Mon Mar 12 21:44:25 UTC 2012

I had one issue that took me a while to figure out.  To help others out you may want to add more documentation to:

--dbservice=NAME
The name of a service inside of the pg_service.conf file. This file is in your home directory by default and contains a simple list of connection options. You can also pass additional information when using this option such as --dbservice="maindatabase sslmode=require"

What I had to do to get the pg_service.conf file to work with nagios is rename the file 'pg_service.conf' to '.pg_service.conf' and place it in /home/nagios.

Thanks,

Jason Ryan | TantaComm<http://www.tantacomm.com/> | Support Programmer Analyst II
jryan at tantacomm.com| (w) 608.630.1860 | (f) 608.826.5101