[TNM] log_line_prefix not working (I think)

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Feb 16 18:38:53 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 01:30:51PM -0500, Norman Yamada wrote:
> The configuration file in database is:
>
> > log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]: [%l-1] user=%u,db=%d '
>
> database host = nydbprod1
> user running postmaster = postgres
> database user = appuser2

Ah, okay, I can see that now.

> Pg_fouine asks for this log_line_prefix, not my choice

Yeah, pgfouine is pretty dumb like that. They need to get
with the times and allow you to use any prefix you want,
as PGSI does. Have you considered PGSI? :)

> Hm. Will try to figure out how to make it into a failing test file..

Should be just copying some of the existing confs and logs from
the t/ directory. Looks like we only have regular and csv in there,
so we are in need of a good syslog test, independent of this
particular bug.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com