[Bucardo-announce] entire bucardo breaks if 1 dbgroup mbr offline

Jonathan Brinkman jb at blackskytech.com
Fri Oct 11 14:40:11 UTC 2013

Greetings all.

I am still looking for a solution to this. Using Ubuntu 12.04 with Bucardo
4.5.0

I created a push-delta sync to a dbgroup consisting of 2 members. If either
of those members goes offline and bucardo is restarted, it breaks not just
that push-delta sync but ALL syncs, including those not related to the
offline member. I think its b/c it never validates the broken sync, and the
restart process dies every time.

How can I keep everyone else up while the bad boy stays offline? This makes
the setup NOT scalable. I was hoping to use it with 30+ dbgroup members, but
not with that kind of fragility.

What other options exist? Does bucardo 5 fix this, and I should bite the
bullet and upgrade?