[Bucardo-general] Bucardo question

Женя Деревянкин jekader at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 17:59:50 UTC 2009

Thanks for the quick and full answer! I's much more then I've expected!
And thanks for noting the possible problems with Debian - It's going
to save me nerves on testing.

So, my goal is to make several "clone" databases (3 or more), which
must be kept in sync even after one of them fails. After recovery the
database can be put in operation manually.

But if the server that fails is the one bucardo is running on? What
must happen then? I mean not just that postgres dies, but the whole
server. A new instance of bucaurdo should start running on one of the
remaining servers, keeping the data synced? Won't that interfere into
the database structure?

Or maybe there's a better way of doing this using some default tools
or other replication packages?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but i'm a newbie in high availability systems :)

--
Best regards
Eugen Derevyankin