[Bucardo-general] suggestions docs / correction for running bucardo 4.x tests on Debian 5.x Lenny

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Sep 22 20:17:11 UTC 2009

> Build dependencies: cdbs, debhelper (>= 5), perl (>= 5.10.0), dh-make-perl
> Dependencies: adduser, perl (>= 5.10.0), libdbix-safe-perl, libdbd-pg-perl,
> libmail-sendmail-perl, libmoose-perl, libtest-dynamic-perl (>= 1.3.3),
> postgresql-plperl-8.3

This is not correct: we no longer require Moose or Test::Dynamic, so you
can remove libmoose-perl and libtest-dynamic-perl from that list.

> Then, postgresql authentication should be configured for 'trust' in order to run
> the tests as regular user (is there a better option?)

Not sure what this means. The tests should create their own Postgres
cluster and use those.

> plpgsql and plperlu should be installed at template1 (convenience) as postgres
> user.

This is not needed - the installation process will do this for you.

> As bucardo tests were developed for English language, they will fail if system
> and postgresql are installed/configured for other language.

Yes, we need to fix that, perhaps by manually setting the lang.

> Maybe forgot to list some dependency, but these steps allowed to run the bucardo
> 4.x tests mostly successfully.
> I hope these help to improve bucardo documentation.
> Regards.

Please feel free to update the wiki directly: that's why it's a wiki,
after all, and not a static set of pages!

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com