[Bucardo-general] multi master

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Feb 25 20:13:41 UTC 2010

>    If I need to create master – master config
>    Do I create say:
>    bucardo_ctl add all tables --herd=m1 db=master1
>    bucardo_ctl add all tables --herd=m2 db=master2
>    bucardo_ctl add sync s1 source=m1  targetdb=master2 type=swap
>    bucardo_ctl add sync s2 source=m2  targetdb=master1 type=swap

You don't need to add things twice, just do this:

bucardo_ctl add all tables herd=m1 db=master1 standard_conflict=source
bucardo_ctl add sync s1 source=m1 targetdb=master2 type=swap

Note that tables in a swap sync need to know how to resolve conflicts,
so in the example above I set all tables to use a resolution of
source, which means that the source database (master1) always wins in case
of a conflict.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com