[Bucardo-general] restarting bucardo in wrong folder starts wrong log

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sun Sep 4 21:25:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 11:27:35AM -0400, Jonathan Brinkman wrote:
> If I sudo bucardo_ctl restart when I'm anywhere but /home/postgres the
> log.bucardo and warning.bucardo.log files get spawned / populated wherever I
> was when I ran the restart command. Why are those log files not fixed to a
> particular (set) location?

They are pegged to the current directory (.) by default, but you can
change that by passing in a --debugdir argument to the bucardo script,
e.g.:

bucardo start --debugdir=/tmp

You can also add this to your ~/.bucardorc file:

debugdir=/tmp

> Also, when I reboot the computer, I must manually make sudo mkdir
> /var/run/bucardo  EVERY time I reboot the computer, or restarting bucardo
> fails.

Can't answer that one. On Linux systems, the rc.sysinit script should
be removing the *files* of /var/run on boot, but not the directories.
Googling suggests this may be the job of init scripts? Anyone have
an idea of best practices for this?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com