[Bucardo-general] Multiple Herds for Multi-Master Replication

Kevin Behr kbehr at isis.georgetown.edu
Mon Oct 15 20:17:13 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I understand that replication can only be done between two masters, but is it possible to have multiple, separate herds each doing multi-master replication?

For example:

animal_herd = animal1, animal2
people_herd = people1, people2

I can set up multi-master replication between animals1 and animals2 in animal_herd.  Now, I want to add people1 and people2 to the people_herd for multi-master replication.  Whenever I try to do this, the table that I specify for the second set of databases is not found.  Here are my actions:

bucardo add db db_ANIMAL1 dbname= ANIMAL1 dbhost=localhost dbport=5432
bucardo add db db_ ANIMAL2 dbname= ANIMAL2 dbhost=localhost dbport=5432
bucardo add table tableA tableB tableC tableD tableE tableF tableG herd=animal_herd
bucardo add dbgroup animal_group db_ANIMAL1:source db_ANIMAL2:source
bucardo add sync animal_sync herd=animal_herd dbs=animal_group

bucardo add db db_PEOPLE1 dbname=PEOPLE1 dbhost=localhost dbport=5432
bucardo add db db_PEOPLE2 dbname= PEOPLE2 dbhost=localhost dbport=5432
bucardo add table sps.people_tableA herd=people_herd
Did not find matches for the following terms:
  sps.people_tableA

If I do the people_herd first and the animal_herd second, then it WILL find sps.people_tableA but it WILL NOT find tableA tableB tableC tableD tableE tableF tableG.

Is what I am doing not possible?  If not, does anyone have a recommendation on how to achieve my desired behavior?

Thanks!