[Bucardo-general] Multiple Herds for Multi-Master Replication

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Oct 17 02:58:05 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 08:17:13PM +0000, Kevin Behr wrote:
> I understand that replication can only be done between two masters,
> but is it possible to have multiple, separate herds each doing
> multi-master replication?

It is possible; however with bucardo 5 (which you are using as evidenced
by 'bucardo' instead of 'bucardo_ctl'), you can have as many masters
as you would like.

The only complication with having multiple, separate herds is to make
sure you use "makedelta" if any of the tables overlap.

> bucardo add db db_PEOPLE1 dbname=PEOPLE1 dbhost=localhost dbport=5432
> bucardo add db db_PEOPLE2 dbname= PEOPLE2 dbhost=localhost dbport=5432
> bucardo add table sps.people_tableA herd=people_herd
> Did not find matches for the following terms:
>   sps.people_tableA

That's most likely a bug, if you are sure the table exists on both
databases. Does it work if you add db=db_PEOPLE1 to the end of the
"bucardo add table" command?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com