[Bucardo-general] Multiple Herds for Multi-Master Replication

Kevin Behr kbehr at isis.georgetown.edu
Wed Oct 17 12:19:48 UTC 2012

Hi Greg,

That's good to know about bucardo 5.  Adding "db=db_PEOPLE1" to the end of the "bucardo add table" command did indeed work.  Thanks!  Are there any advantages or disadvantages to creating a separate herd for the second set of databases? Or, might it be better to have them all in the same herd with different syncs?  I do not have any overlapping tables between the two databases.

I have also considered using two separate running instances of bucardo on two separate servers (one for syncing the PEOPLE databases, and the other for the ANIMAL databases), but I'm not sure if that would add any benefit.

Thanks again!