[Bucardo-general] Unable to proceed with Bucardo installation

Hadri Rahman hadri90 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:06:27 UTC 2014

Well, I somehow fixed the issue halfway by following the instructions given
here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/413585/postgres-password-authentication-fails

But basically, what I did was:

Open the pg_hba.conf file, and added this below the line “Database
administrative login by Unix domain socket”:

        local    postgres     postgres     peer

I then saved the file and restarted PSQL. Once PSQL has restarted, type
this command to access the PSQL interface.

        sudo -u postgres psql

 Once the PSQL prompt has loaded, type:

        ALTER USER postgres PASSWORD 'password';

Now quit the PSQL console, open the pg_hba.conf file, remove the line we
had added earlier, and restart PSQL. I
was able to proceed with the installation as it accepts the password, but I
now receive an error message saying FATAL: password authentication failed
for user "bucardo" and Installation cannot proceed unless the Pl/PerlU
package is available. (Despite the fact I have installed Pl/PerlU earlier.)