[Bucardo-general] Password authentication failed for user bucardo

Hadri Rahman hadri90 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 14:38:42 UTC 2014

So basically when I tried to proceed with my Bucardo installation with
these settings:

>* Current connection settings:
*>* 1. Host:          localhost
*>* 2. Port:          5432
*>* 3. User:          postgres
*>* 4. Database:      postgres
*>* 5. PID directory: /var/run/bucardo
*>* Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit:*

It accepted my password for user postgres, but when I keyed in a password
for user bucardo, I received the error message:

INSTALLATION FAILED! (psql:/usr/local/share/bucardo/bucardo.schema:18:
\connect:FATAL: password authentication failed for user "bucardo"
FATAL: password authentication failed for user "bucardo"
)

Installation cannot proceed unless the Pl/PerlU language is available
This is usually available as a separate package.

Please note I have Pl/PerlU installed earlier, using

sudo apt-get install postgresql-plperl-9.1

And as mentioned earlier, I'm using Bucardo 4.4.8 and PSQL 9.1.14 on Ubuntu
Server 12.04