[Bucardo-general] Password authentication failed for user bucardo

Joshua Tolley josh at endpoint.com
Tue Oct 14 17:46:25 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:38:42PM +0800, Hadri Rahman wrote:
>    It accepted my password for user postgres, but when I keyed in a
>    password for user bucardo, I received the error message:
>    INSTALLATION FAILED! (psql:/usr/local/share/bucardo/bucardo.schema:18:
>    \connect:FATAL: password authentication failed for user "bucardo"
>    FATAL: password authentication failed for user "bucardo"
>    )
>    Installation cannot proceed unless the Pl/PerlU language is available
>    This is usually available as a separate package.
>    Please note I have Pl/PerlU installed earlier, using
>    sudo apt-get install postgresql-plperl-9.1
>    And as mentioned earlier, I'm using Bucardo 4.4.8 and PSQL 9.1.14 on
>    Ubuntu Server 12.04

The error there says you were unable to connect as the bucardo user, because
of password authentication problems. Applying the fix you did for your
postgres user to the bucardo user will likely solve this problem. The error
messages as a whole make it look like PL/PerlU might be missing, but in fact
the root cause here is that Bucardo can't log in as the bucardo user.

--
Josh Tolley   josh at endpoint.com   801-987-0252
End Point Corporation  http://www.endpoint.com