[Bucardo-general] Failed to set up sync

Bernard O'Flynn bernard.oflynn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 18:21:13 UTC 2014

I've finally managed to set up bucardo on CentOS.
I have 2 servers test4 and test5.
I have a copy of the db on each server and bucardo is installed on test4

I've added the dbs on both servers to bucardo

I tried the following command: bucardo add sync smashsync
dbs=test4:source,test5:source tables=all

And got this error?

Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  DBI
connect('dbname=smashconnect','bucardo',...) failed: fe_sendauth: no
password supplied at line 181. at line 30.
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "validate_sync" at /usr/local/bin/bucardo line
4422.

Does anyone know where its falling over?
My pg_hba.conf on test5 looks like this:
local   all             all                                     md5
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128                 md5
host    all             all             x.y.z.a/32 trust #test4 server IP
# Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the
# replication privilege.
#local   replication     postgres                                peer
#host    replication     postgres        127.0.0.1/32            ident
#host    replication     postgres        ::1/128           ident

Thanks
Bernard