[Bucardo-general] Unable to proceed installation with user "Bucardo"

Hadri Rahman hadri90 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 03:29:06 UTC 2014

So whenever I tried to proceed with "bucardo_ctl install" I keep on getting
the error message:

INSTALLATION FAILED! (psql:/usr/local/share/bucardo/bucardo.schema:57:
ERROR relation "bucardo_config" already exists) Installation cannot proceed
unless the Pl/PerlU language is available.

So far, I've tried including the lines 'local bucardo postgres peer' or 'local
bucardo bucardo peer' and 'local all bucardo peer' in pg_hba.conf but I
still got the same error.

I've also tried:

$ sudo -u bucardo psql
bucardo=# \password
Enter new password:
Enter it again:
bucardo=# \q

But I still got the same error message. This is the contents for
pg_hba.conf (minus the

alterations added for user bucardo)

#TYPE	DATABASE	USER			ADDRESS 		METHOD
local	all		postgres					peer
local	all		all						trust
#"local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
local	all		all						peer
#IPv4 local connections:
host	all		all			127.0.0.1/32 		md5
#IPv6 local connections:
host	all		all			::1/128		 	md5
#Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the
#replication privilege
#local	replication		postgres				peer
host	replication		rep		192.168.0.103/32	md5
#host	replication		rep		127.0.0.1/32		md5
#host	replication		rep		::1/128	md5