[Bucardo-general] Bucardo v5.1.2 installation steps on Ubuntu 12.04

Kamchybek JUSUPOV kjusupov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 09:10:06 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Just to share the steps to get bucardo installed:

1. Install basic Ubuntu
2. Install following via apt-get install postgresql-9.1
postgresql-contrib-9.1 postgresql-plperl-9.1 libdbix-safe-perl
libdbd-pg-perl libdbi-perl

If my memory serves me right: I did "cpan boolean" (to manually install
boolean for perl)

Note: I'm planning to re-do the whole setup one more time to ensure the
packages installed are the required ones...

3. Download bucardo
4. Unpack and install

5. Edit /etc/postgresql/9.1/main/pg_hba.conf
local   bucardo         bucardo                                 md5

6. create "bucardo" user with superuser privileges
6.1 create "bucardo" database instance

psql template1

CREATE USER bucardo SUPERUSER password 'secret_password';
CREATE database bucardo owner bucardo;

7. Create .pgpass file

postgres at server:~$ cat .pgpass
localhost:5432:bucardo:bucardo:secret_password

8. Run "bucardo install"

Current connection settings:
1. Host:           localhost
2. Port:           5432
3. User:           bucardo
4. Database:       bucardo
5. PID directory:  /tmp/
Enter a number to change it, P to proceed, or Q to quit: P

Postgres version is: 9.1
Attempting to create and populate the bucardo database and schema
Database creation is complete

Updated configuration setting "piddir"
Installation is now complete.
If you see errors or need help, please email bucardo-general at bucardo.org

You may want to check over the configuration variables next, by running:
bucardo show all
Change any setting by using: bucardo set foo=bar

--
Rgds,
Kamchi