[Bucardo-general] Some more questions

Hadri Rahman hadri90 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 07:21:52 UTC 2014

Sorry if this seems like a series of stupid questions.

So after uninstalling the earlier version of Bucardo using apt-get, I tried
to proceed with the installation, using "Bucardo v5.1.2 installation steps
on Ubuntu 12.04" as my guide.

The issue here is that when I ran "Bucardo Install", I would then receive
the error message:  'INSTALLATION FAILED! Looks like you already have
Bucardo installed there. Try running 'bucardo upgrade' instead'

So my next step was to run "Bucardo Upgrade", and agreed to commit three
changes. And when I was told to run "Bucardo Validate All" and got 'Sorry,
there are
no syncs to validate!'

So I then decided to try and run bucardo instead, forgoing the
installation. But when I tried to add a database, something like postgres
or bucardo with 'bucardo add database bucardo' I would get an error message
saying 'Cannot add database: must supply a database name to connect to',
even though I have checked in psql and confirmed that the databases exist.

So does anyone have any ideas on what I did wrong? Did I take the wrong
steps or is there any misconfiguration that might have occurred that
prevents it from working?