[Bucardo-general] Some more questions

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Oct 27 14:35:00 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 03:21:52PM +0800, Hadri Rahman wrote:
> The issue here is that when I ran "Bucardo Install", I would then receive
> the error message:  'INSTALLATION FAILED! Looks like you already have
> Bucardo installed there. Try running 'bucardo upgrade' instead'

I will work on improving the install messages to make this clearer, but
if you are installing a new version of Bucardo, you do not want to
run update, you want to remove all traces of the old bucardo. In
short, you need to do this:

DROP DATABASE bucardo;

and then do this on all databases that were used by the old Bucardo:

DROP SCHEMA bucardo CASCADE;

Then try running the install again.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com