[check_postgres] bloat check doesn't work with --include

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Jul 22 17:14:24 UTC 2009

>> 3. It does not meet the minimum criteria for bloat. Right now
>>    it is at least 1 page of bloat for tables, and at least 11
>>    pages of bloat for indexes.
>>
> Shouldn't that just return OK instead of UNKNOWN though?

I'm thinking it should, and we should remove the WHERE clause entirely
if we have an --include. Let me do that now...ok, pushed, give that a shot.

> What's the minimum size?  It seems like MINSIZE is set to 0 since I git
> pulled.  bar is only 3.5MB:

It's the minimum *bloated* pages, and it's a > check, no >=, so it will
not return unless there is at least one page worth of bloat or more. But
the recent commit should make it moot for using the --include flag.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com