[check_postgres] Monitoring Postgres

Joshua Tolley josh at endpointdev.com
Wed Mar 9 16:06:25 UTC 2022

On Tue, Mar 08, 2022 at 02:50:18PM +0000, Arold Ndadem-Kenfack via Check_postgres wrote:
> I would like to know if you have thought of a check for the following points:
>
>   *   Checking fragmented table (check if somme tables are fragmented)
>   *   Checking datatbase buffer access rate ( check if the size of the shared buffer is small)
>   *   Checking the memory size of maintenance
>   *   Checking the size of the wall
>   *   Checking collector statics activation
>   *   Checking automatique vacuum activation

A good general answer to questions of this sort is often, "Patches are
welcome." If you've thought something like this would be useful, changes are
you're not the only one, and you'd be welcome to try implementing it. More
specifically, I can only speak for myself, but I haven't tried implementing
the above, and can't offer any specific advice.

--
Joshua Tolley               josh at endpointdev.com    801 987 0252
End Point Corporation       http://www.endpointdev.com